Thursday, February 29, 2024
Home >


Omath Victor

At around 3:24 pm in what can be confirmed from the CCTV footages released by the Dusit Hotel management, four gunmen were spotted shooting their way into the hotel, firing aimlessly at innocent civilians and workers at the 14 Riverside upscale hotel.

In a quick response, a multi-agency team of officers from the Anti-terror unit, Recce Squad, GSU, Flying squad among other units assembled for a recuse that 8 hours latter is yet to come to an end if the statement by CS Mating’i is something to go by.

Also, several humanitarian agencies have been able to assist in the evacuation process such as the Red Cross Society of Kenya rescuing those in need and rushing them to different hospitals among them Avenue hospital, MP Shah and Kenyatta National among others. It is reported that one person has lost his life at MP Shah as calls for Kenyans to donate blood intensifies.

According to eye witness accounts from security agencies and staff at the compound, the attackers termed only as organized terror group came in with two vehicles among them a Toyota Ractis Registration number KCN 340E which would latter explode about 1 hour into the attack.
Already reports are rife that the owner of the vehicle has been identified and efforts to trace him for questioning are underway.

CS Fred Mating’i flagged by members of the National Security Council have released a presser urging Kenyans to be patient as the operation is almost coming to an end. He has said that the president is well briefed. The State House through its official Twitter handle @StateHouseKenya has urged Kenyans to be cautious on what they share online as it could aid in the up calling the terror situation.

President Kenyatta, former premier Raila Odinga, Deputy President among other top leaders yet to speak out about the attack as Kenyans continue to show solidarity with good will messages and putting a united front.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *