Mobile Journalism Kenya
Terms & Conditions
Here’s a fun fact: do you know that only 7% of people read the Terms & Conditions?
The devil, my friends, is in the detail.
Welcome to mobilejouranialism.co.ke and these are the terms that will govern the relationship between you and this website.
The term ‘MobileJouralism.co.ke’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘our’ shall here-in-after refer to the owner of the website whose registered office is ____________ (P.O. Box/ Registration details) and shall be used interchangeably.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Any participation in this service will constitute acceptance of this agreement.
All content included on this Site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of MobileJournalism.co.ke or its content suppliers and protected by laws applicable in Kenya including international copyright laws.
(b) CONFIDENTIAL OBLIGATIONS:
You agree that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type to MobileJournalism.co.ke that infringe or violate any rights of any party. It is your obligation to confirm that any post to MobileJournalism.co.ke you make does not breach any confidentiality obligation you have.
We will keep confidential and will not disclose to any third parties or make use of information communicated to us in confidence for the purposes of the site, save as may be reasonably necessary to enable us to carry out our obligations in relation to the commission.
(d) GRANT OF RIGHTS:
To the extent you are the original copyright holder of any post or any submission and such a post or submission does not contain any of the information or material of MobileJournalism.co.ke or other information you are required to preserve as confidential by mobilejournalism.co.ke, then;
- you remain owner of such post or submission to the extent you were the owner;
- you automatically grant on behalf of yourself or otherwise warrant that the owner of such content or intellectual property has expressly granted MobileJournalism.co.ke, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, display, and/or otherwise exploit, the post, submission, communication or content in any media or medium, or any form, format, or forum now known or hereafter developed; and
- you agree and warrant that we may sublicense or assign its rights through multiple tiers of sublicenses or assigns.
MobileJournalism.co.ke contains material which is owned by or licensed to us including, but not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited.
(e) NO OBLIGATION TO MONITOR:
We do not control the information delivered to us, and have no obligation to monitor it. However, we reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or legal governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, for any reason whatsoever, in our sole discretion.
(f) NO OBLIGATION TO ERADICATE:
We are not obligated to remove any content from the site which does not violate any civil or criminal laws and any contributions intended for display on this web site via any means. If you do not wish to have something which you submit to be published, do not submit it in the first place.
(g) NO ENDORSEMENT:
Unless otherwise expressly stated, we do not endorse, support, represent or guaranty the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any communications posted in our site or endorse any opinions expressed therein. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted in the Forums will be at your own risk.
We may have links to other websites periodically, provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
(h) USE AND REPRODUCTION:
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, and you agree to indemnify MobileJournalism.co.ke. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
Any reproduction rights granted are by way of license and no partial or other assignment of copyright shall be implied;
We reserve the right to refuse to supply or grant a reproduction license to a third party when requested to do so.
Unauthorized use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
i). LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY:
- All content provided on this website is for informational purposes only. co.ke makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Neither we, nor any third parties will be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. We will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
- While we take all reasonable care in the performance of this agreement generally, it shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you of by any third party arising from use or reproduction of any content including texts;
- You agree to indemnify MobileJournalism.co.ke in respect of any claims or damages or any costs arising in any manner from the reproduction without proper reproduction rights of any content supplied to you by us;
- You must satisfy yourself that all the necessary rights, model releases or consents which may be required for reproduction, are obtained and it is acknowledged that we give no warranty or undertaking that any such rights, model releases or consents have or will be obtained whether in relation to the use of names, people, trademarks, registered or copyright works of art depicted in any picture and/or text. In the event that the text is issued or reproduced by or with your authority then you shall indemnify us against any loss or damage, proceedings or costs where such rights, releases or consents have not been obtained.
These Terms and Conditions of use are subject to change at any time and without notice.